Five Places I Canâ€™t Live Without
While eating lunch today at Romeo & Julietâ€™s, a strange thought occurred: what would I do if this place ever closed? Have you ever noticed how happy people are when they walk in there? I assume itâ€™s because they know theyâ€™re about to have a great meal, and the charming atmosphere doesnâ€™t hurt either (I dig that Italian music).
Anyway, I started to think of the restaurants in Buffalo I couldnâ€™t do without. What if for some bizarre reason I could only choose five places in Buffalo to eat? Itâ€™s too hard to rank them, so I assembled a list, in no particular order, of the five eateries I would choose. I know this is a silly hypothetical, but in the spirit of summer, letâ€™s have some fun: If you could only eat at five places in Buffalo, what would they be, and why? Hereâ€™s my list:
1. Romeo & Julietâ€™s: This takes care of pizza, enormous sandwiches, creative salads, and dessert.
2. Joeâ€™s Deli: Sure, its summer now, but I need hearty soup come wintertime. And I need a good Greek wrap once in a while.
3. Ambrosia: Breakfast, Breakfast, Breakfast.
4. Shango: For special occasions and because they have a great beer selection. Brunch is a bonus.
5. Jimâ€™s Steakout: Because sometimes you need to eat at 3AM.
I know, there are some glaring omissions, and life is going to be boring without Thai and Indian food. And what a drag that couldn't choose Havana House. But I could only choose five places. Life is about difficult choices, right?
One more thing, just in case youâ€™re wondering. This is not a paid endorsement for the five places I named, and I have never received free food from any of them. So just relax, have fun, and tell me five places in Buffalo you canâ€™t live without.